Sunday, December 23, 2012

37 Weeks

We are officially full term and have a happy, healthy boy ready to burst out into this world at anytime. I am ready.

Just this morning, Pat and I were discussing how we are ready for the next phase. He is ready for me to start helping with the house and yard work again, and I am ready for him to start helping with the baby. Although we have been working solo on some items, we have been really good about remaining a team and communicating our frustrations, needs, wants, etc. during the pregnancy... and now we need this baby to make his grand entrance into the world so we can go back to being a team in all aspects of our life.

The nursery is ready. All of his clothes are washed. Our hospital bags are packed. We are resting as much as we can right now because we know it will be in short supply once the beeb comes home.

I am kind of hoping for a Christmas baby. I think that would be the greatest gift in the world. But, I would be sad for him having to share his big day with the biggest day of the year. When would we have his birthday party? I think mostly, I just can't wait to meet him.


Currently

Craving: Water - lots and lots of water
Avoiding: Sitting too long. My hips are starting to really be uncomfortable
Ailments: Heartburn again... my Zantac isn't cutting it anymore
Sleep: Waking up a lot during the night due to cramps, and remaining awake to make sure I am not actually in labor.
Weight: 153
Favorite thing about being pregnant: Pat rubbing my belly and understanding how uncomfortable I am
Least favorite thing: The tightness of my belly, the lack of comfortable clothing and my protruding belly button....

No comments: