Sunday, December 4, 2011

Healing

I can't say that healing has only taken place this year. Pat and I have both had to overcome struggles, both very different, in our lives. But one thing is for sure, we have started healing each other since the day we met. Just this morning we were reminiscing of our first date. We talked about all the things you aren't supposed to talk about (politics, religions, finances) and then 4 months later we moved in together. We knew the first month, maybe second that our relationship, our love was a force to be reckoned with. 3 months into our relationship we passed through Vegas to get to my home town for a visit and we seriously thought about eloping. Then we seriously thought about the consequences from our family. Although we have reached the result, I am so glad we waited. We needed to experience a few more things together, and REALLY be able to celebrate our love.
In the beginning, the impact we had on each other was, first and foremost, a healing one. He, being a few years older and quite the handy man, had many impressive qualities that any girl would like, but there were also things that, when I dug deep enough, were difficult, even on my man of steel. Together, in our first two years of dating, overcame things that were haunting us for entire lifetimes. We were able to discuss things that have never been discussed, feel things that have never been felt, and ultimately heal the things that were unable to heal prior to "us."
I truly believe that when you find someone that can do that for you, make you feel like you were never injured, physically or emotionally. That is when you need to sit back, take notice and realize that is the person you need to have in your life forever.
Fortunately for me, I get to have this man as my husband, the future father of my children and best friend forever. However, if you find that person in any form, keep them close. They are an important piece of your arsenal... and not many people come by that piece armor.


No comments: