Wednesday, July 10, 2013

6 months

January 9th, 2013 - It seems as though this first photograph taken of Bear was a million years ago, but I remember it all like it was yesterday. 

 When we were leaving the hospital, the head rest didn't hold his teeny head in place and his little newborn sized outfit was still too big. I can't believe he was ever that small!
This was Bear's first trip to the Dr. office. He was 5 days old. Looking so tough.
Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
The amount of laundry increased immediately upon bringing our guy home. The blow outs that happened on a daily basis had us opting for a naked baby most the time, but I love folding tiny things. 
One month old and still looking like a little cranky old man. He still had his hair he was born with, which all fell out shortly following. He had terrible baby acne because I was using Lanolin after nursing. Once I stopped, the baby acne disappeared.
I didn't know this snuggling would stop, I miss it so much. And I sweat, Bear knows when I need it because just this morning he was laying his little head on my chest for minutes at a time.
First shots. Heart breaking. But at least he got fun bandaids...
Out for walks with his Papa
Looking sharp for Easter Dinner at Great Grandma's house.
Second set of shots. Still heart breaking, but we didn't cry for nearly as long. Yes, we.
 
Hanging in Sedona at Slide Rock
Stylin' by the swimming pool.
My first Mother's Day

Becoming a fan of tummy time.
His first trip to the Phoenix Art Museum.
His first Independence Day and a trip to Willow Springs Lake.
This has been the longest and shortest 6 months of my life. I can't believe how quickly my little man is growing. How much he is learning every day. From him rolling over, to starting to recognize me when I pick him up from day care. He acknowledges me by excitedly touching my face (really more of a slap/pinch sort of thing, but I don't mind, I am equally excited to see him).

He is now sleeping without his swaddle and for about 8 hours straight (for the first stretch of the night). He is eating cereal, avocado, bananas and sweet potatoes and his says "nummmm mmmm mmm" as he swallows each bite. 

Our family and our lives are changed forever. It will never again be just me and Pat. But I could never again imagine a life without Bear. 

It's true, being a mother changes you.





No comments: